Wednesday, June 25, 2014

The Phaidon Archive of Graphic Design

Recently I came across a quite hefty, 27.6 pound book, "The Phaidon Archive of Graphic Design" published in 2012. I'm not so sure if this is actually a book because it's a box full of loose pages, precisely a thousand of them.

"The book features over 500 of the most iconic graphic designs from the beginnings of mechanical reproduction to the present day. Arranged in chronological order, the designs are accompanied by texts and illustrated with a range of imagery - including rarely seen historical, contextual and archival material - to shed light on their origin and development." 

I was pleasantly surprised to see that one of the 1000 pages was dedicated to my work from when I was the art director of the New York Times OP-ED pages in 1992-1993.









No comments:

Post a Comment